Monday, February 1, 2010

Another Day, Another Workout

Mondays are always the hardest, especially when you were a slacker and didn't work out at all on the weekend. Yes, I was lame. Even though I knew I wouldn't be doing "the shred", as my husband calls it, while I was visiting my family, I had hoped to atleast get out and go for a walk, or atleast do some yoga when I got back home last night. But, Saturday went by way to fast and last night the hubby and I figured out that we can be on the webcam and play yahoo checkers at the same time! For those of you girls that complain because your significant other doesn't come up with creative dates, be thankful....you could be living thousands of miles away from your new husband and having to resort to playing checkers through the webcam! lol Actually, it was cute and fun and someday we'll be able to laugh about it, but right now, I really would prefer to play checkers in person....even though he royally can kick my butt (fyi, he's the only person that can!)

Anyway, back to the morning workout. I woke up this morning with zero motivation. Actually my motivation was probably hanging around at a -1...and that's dangerous stuff! You do not want to start out the week on a bad note! So, what did I do about this motivation? I stayed in bed and slept another hour! JUST KIDDING! I'm not that much of a slacker! Actually, I decided that due to my serious lack of motivation I should up the intensity and start doing Level 2 of the shred...5 whole days early! The moves were definitely more complicated and awkward to do, but the challenge was welcomed. Jillian incorporates a lot of plank work into Level 2, so I have a feeling that if anything, I will be seeing a difference in my upper body! Oh, and the killer of them all, the grand daddy of the "I want to punch you in the face Jillian for making me do this" move is the walkout pushups! Now, even when I'm out of shape, I've always had a lot more upper body strength than the typical female (just ask my sister...I laid her out with one hand once in a playful moment). However, I felt like such a wimp this morning. Those things are brutal! Just doing one made me feel like I had done 100 pushups. Ok, it's not that bad, but they are quite a challenge! I recently figured out how to add videos to the blog (yay me!) so maybe tonight I'll search around youtube and post an example of the walking pushups!

On a closing note, I read a quote this morning that I thought was excellent. I'm an avid quote collector, so don't be surprised if I start posting them like crazy! Marie Curie, who was a French chemist and physicist, as well as a two-time Nobel prize winner said, "Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance."


1 comment:

  1. YUM YUM, gotta try the slaw! And you go girl with Hot Yoga!!!
    Not sure I believe the relaxing part though.
    Keep at it Missy.

    ReplyDelete