Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A Day of Miracles

Ok, so maybe my title is a bit dramatic, but I have been known to dramatize things a time or two. This day was full a mini miracles. The first being that I was able to snap out of a really bad mood and enjoy my dad. Today was my day where I workout after work, so I was able to sleep in for an hour. Hooray! Actually, not really. Because I'm used to waking up around 4:45, I did so this morning, but I promptly fell back into a deep sleep. In the next hour, I dreamed that I was in Jamaica with Jason. I always have extremely detailed dreams, so I felt like I was litterally there in Jamaica with him. Needless to say, when my alarm clock started buzzing and very rudely disrupted my dream, I was none to pleased. I was so annoyed that I'm still surprised I was able to snap out of the bad mood. That was miracle number one.

Miracle number two was I went a WHOLE day without craving a soda, which is pretty amazing for me. I know I have said before that soda is my vice. I love it dearly. You might actually say I'm addicted to it, which is good enough reason right there to kick the soda habit. Normally, I have to fight myself all day and talk myself out of stopping to get a soda on my way home. Today, I realized, I had none of those internal battles. Even now, while writing about it and having my thoughts consumed of a soda, I'm not craving one...Amazing!!!

Miracle number 3...After my evening workout, I went over to my good friend Andi's home to be "evaluated" for the weightloss challenge I am entering. My weight secret is finally out, but she's the only one that knows...that's not the miracle though. While there, she made me a protein shake, which also substitutes as a meal replacement. My first thought was I felt guilty beacuse I still wanted to have dinner when I got home, but knew I shouldn't after drinking the shake. Well, the next thing I knew, I was full. And I mean FULL. No hunger pains, no tempation to eat when I got home, no food cravings...nothing! So, there you have miracle number 3. I know I've mentioned my love affair with food before. To me, eating isn't just a way to nourish myself, it's also a way to comfort myself when I'm bored, lonely, anxious, etc. I always joke around that it's "eating my feelings," but in reality, that's exactly what I do. And tonight was the first night that even though habit said I should eat dinner, the mind said no because I already had and was full.

Now, maybe the scale will give me a surprise in the morning and give me miracle number four!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah I know exactly what you mean about eating! Sometimes you need to just to calm the stupid mind, even if you aren't hungry there just doesn't seem to be anything better to do :)

    I am so glad about the herbalife shake! They are so yummy!!! When you get your mixes I'll start sending you the various recipes to have more variety and more flavors.
    Andi

    ReplyDelete