Monday, February 22, 2010

My Magazine Obsession

When I first got engaged and knew I had a wedding to save for, one of the first things I had to do was take a hard look at my budget and see how I could cut some expenses. At first, I thought this was impossible. Money was already tight, so how in the world would I be able to save more? I ended up finding several ways. One of which was curbing my magazine obsession. I LOVE magazines. Actually, I just love to read, but as I have gotten older, and busier, I very rarely find myself with enough time, or the attention span, to sit down and read a book; hence the reason I love magazines so much. You can sit down and read for a few minutes, put the magazine down for a day or two, and pick up where you left off without having to refresh your memory. It's great! So, in my quest to cut some expenses, I had to drastically cut back the number of magazines I bought a month. I think overall, I saved myself on average $30 per month (pathetic that I spent that much on magazines, I know).
One magazine that I refused to give up was Self magazine. It's an easy read full of fitness advice, yummy recipes, and attainable workout plans. It's not for the ultra marathon runner, or the bionic-triathaloncrazyperson, but for the regular joe schmoe. So, this leads me to today when I got my latest issue in the mail. I haven't read through all of it yet, but what I have read has been pretty intruging, and helpful. This month, the fabulous writers & editors included the "Weightloss Shopping List!" YIPEE!!! I am a black & white kind of girl. I usually don't see gray. In otherwords, I like clear cut answers that don't leave room for error. So a shopping list right infront of me that will help keep me on track? I think that's fantastic! Obviously, not every "good & healthy" food is listed below. The list is pretty long, so I'll only include a portion of the items from each section. Read on and enjoy...and learn!

Produce
Apples
Asparagus
Baby spinach
Bell pepper
Banana
Garlic powder
Condiments & Spices
Black pepper
Cinnamon
Grounce ginger
Olive oil
Garic Powder
Bakery
Whole-wheat bread
Wada crackers
Whole-wheat English Muffins
Whole-wheat tortillas
Whole-wheat pita
Frozen Foods
Frozen cherries
Frozen Waffles
Meat/Fish/Dairy/Eggs/Poultry
Boneless skinless chicken breasts
Sliced aamonds
Hummes
Skim milk
Part-skim mozerella
All natural peanut butter
Salmon
Quinua




No comments:

Post a Comment