Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Morning Workout Bombed, Evening Workout Success!

Well, today was the first day that I didn't work out in the morning, but don't worry. Not all was lost! I got to bed a little later than I usually do, but not terribly late. Even with a 5 a.m. workout, getting to bed at 11:30 isn't unreasonable for me (I've been so blessed by the non-sleeping gene...please note the sarcasm!) Anyway, I actually managed to get myself out of bed when the alarm went off. So, I figured with the hardest part of the workout out of the way (getting the motivation to get out of bed) that it would be easy sailing. Not so much! I was barely awake through the warmup and by the time we got to pushups I was even more tired. By the third pushup, I realized I was not mentally there and was not putting near enough effort into things. So, what did I do? I went back to bed. Yes, sadly I went back to bed, which was a mistake. If I didn't have the energy to do a high intensity workout, I should have atleast done some pilates or yoga....something....anything but going back to bed because that set the tone for my entire day. I was so sleepy and couldn't wake up.

As my energy levels kept decreasing as the day wore on (not that I really had an energy level to begin with) I kept having to tell myself that I absolutely had to workout after work. Having an "off" day is not an option for me right now. I made the commitment to myself to workout, or atleast be active, everyday and I certainly didn't want to break that commitment on day 8...or is it day 9? Thankfully after telling myself and my co-workers a billion times that I intended to workout, I did it! So, mission accomplished. The day was not a complete failure in terms of "the shred." After I finished the shred, I even tested out my new Biggest Loser's weightloss yoga dvd. So far, I'm liking that as well.

So, funny story for the day. Last night I had a dream that I looked into the mirror and my arms were so toned. I just stared into the mirror in disbelief that the fit, skinny, and toned person looking back at me was indeed me. Ofcourse when I really woke up this morning and realized that it was just a dream, I was disappointed. Don't you just hate when you wake up from a really good dream? I'm a little irritated that I can't even escape the obsession of getting in shape. If it's now showing up in my dreams, we have a problem. hahaha

I decided today that I needed to set mini goals for myself. I decided to break them up into 10 lb goal increments. Ofcourse, whenever you accomplish a goal, you should be rewarded right? So, now I need to think of rewards. Ofcourse, once I have lost a significant amount of weight, new clothes will be one of the rewards, but I need something to look forward to until I reach my my weight and fitness level. So.....any ideas on what I can use for rewards?


No comments:

Post a Comment