Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Weekend Shenanigans

Well today's workout was a doozie. In all reality, it didn't go too bad. I was a sweaty mess by the time I left, which is a good sign I worked out hard...I just felt "blah" the whole time. It probably had something to do with the gallons of soda, 2 meals from McDonalds, and an insane amount of pizza that I consumed this weekend.

However, I couldn't have had a better weekend. I got to spend 2 glorious days hanging out with my sister, brother-in-law, my husband (ofcourse), the new love of my life, my adorable little newphew Cort. I'll admit, I've never been a baby person. I'll be the first person to pass on the chance to hold a newborn. When kids get to the goofy laughing phase I'll melt, but babies? Not really my thing...until I met this little bundle of joy. For the first time, I really understood why others love babies so much. I already miss that little guy and can't wait to see him again!

I did manage to share Cort when it was time to bring in the goats. My sister and her husband live on the family ranch and each evening, they have to bring in the goats. Jason jumped at the chance to terrorize me on a 4 wheeler and I jumped at the chance to see exactly what "bringing in the goats" entails. I think I could sum it up into a smelly and dusty mess, that somehow turns into a lot of fun. Yes, I did scream and yell at Jason everytime he took a corner too sharp or went over a potato pile too quick. I don't think you're supposed to have that much fun while "working," but I sure did. I think I could live on the ranch if that was my one job. Other than that, I'm sure I would be an epic fail when it comes to ranching. I think I would try to save every cute baby animal on the ranch. Oh, and Jason caught me waving to a goat. It seemed perfectly normal to me. It was just standing there staring at me, so I waved. I don't know what possessed me to do that, but like I said, it seemed normal at the moment.

While I did spend most of the weekend sitting on the couch snuggling my adorable nephew, I did manage to get in a small amount of exercise yesterday. My little brother went to State for golf, so Jason and I made the trek to Gunnison, CO for the golf tournament. We only stayed for the first 9 holes, but man...that was a lot of walking. I had a blast watching my brother and I was amazed, like truly amazed at how far those kids can hit a ball. (I'm sure I phrased that all wrong, but yesterday was my first encounter with golf, so please excuse my lack of knowledge :) Jason wants to go golfing when we go on our vacation, and I'm tempted to learn how so I can go golfing with him. However, considering I once lost a game of putt putt to a guy that was legally blind, I think I'll pass!

No comments:

Post a Comment