Friday, September 30, 2011

Friday Ramblings

First Ramble: Yesterday, I came across a quote that said, "You can't get much done in life if you only work on the days you feel good." While you can apply this to anything, let's just say it's a good thing I read it because today, I had to apply it towards my workout. I did not want to go to the gym at all. I slept wrong on my pillow last night, my stomach hurt, my office chair was feeling just so comfy. The list could go on about all the reasons I didn't want to go to the gym. Then that annoying little voice in my head spoke up and reminded me of the quote I found yesterday. What a pain in the arse.




Second Ramble: Okay, this probably a little mean, but I'll go for it. At the Colorado Athletic Club-Inverness, where I work out, there are a million little tennis moms running around. They're easy to spot: Perky (or should I say silicone enhanced), perfect nails, and every little dyed hair on their head is in place...even after a tennis game. Well, what cracks me up about these ladies is what they wear when they're in the cardio room...their little tennis skirts. I don't know why it cracks me up so much, but just seeing these ladies run on the treadmill in their micro mini skirts just makes me laugh. However, it got me to thinking. The hubs said I should set mini goals. And ofcourse with goals, you need a reward when you meet a goal. I really hate the workout pants I have, so I'm guessing a new pair would be a good reward for obtaining a goal. I literally have to hyke the pants up Steve Erkel style so I'm not tripping over the legs of the pants. Yes they are that long. Or I'm just that short. Take your pick.


Third Ramble: This has nothing to do with working out, but guess who gets to go and see her brand spankin new nephew? ME!!! I can hardly wait. The count-down is on until I get to meet this little cutie!

No comments:

Post a Comment