Friday, September 23, 2011

Look Who's Back

I'm baaaaaacccckkkkk! For whatever reason, when I said that to myself, I imagined Randy Quaid off of Independence Day saying it. Sad, but true. That guy really is a loonytoone, but anyways. I'm already getting off subject.

I wish I could say I hit my goal and that's why I fell off the face of the earth disappeared, but the truth is, I suck. Okay, maybe that's a little harsh, but let's just say for the sake of time, that I crawled into a little dark hole called "life got hard, so I gave up on myself and ate my way deeper into the hole." Okay, nuf said. Onto the good stuff!

I had a realization the other day that I'm not getting any younger. My 30th birthday is less than 4 months away and if weight is hard to lose now, it's ONLY going to get harder. So, to kick off this fun, I'll start off with a list of why I want to lose weight/get healthy.

1. I'm vain....okay, not completely, but once upon a time I liked to get all dolled up and cute. Now? Let's just say that I'm VERY thankful my husband likes a casual girl with hair in a ponytail and in jeans and a t-shirt. That may be sweet, but I don't feel pretty. And I want to feel pretty dang it!

2. My kid sister just had a baby and at her highest weight at 9 months, well, let's just say I'd kill to be at the weight.

3. I really really really do not want to be overweight and having kids....which means, right now, I really really really don't want kids. And I'd like that to change. Let's face it, an overweight mama is not a healthy mama and that's no bueno.

4. The hubs and I plan on taking a trip in about 2 years, which coincides with about the time we decide to add chaos, I mean children to our lives. And for ONCE IN MY DANG LIFE, I'd like to be the girl on the beach that others envy. Geeze I sound really vain today.

5. Several years ago, my kid sister and I tried to kill ourselves by climbing the Incline in Manitou Springs. That may sound dramatic, but I swear it was death by hiking, yet somehow we lived. How, I'll never know. Anyhoo, I told the hubs about the Incline and now he wants to try it....together...HECK NO. Not...gonna...go...there....atleast until I can beat his sorry butt to the top. Because frankly, I think he think he's a bad a$$ that is going to spring to the top. And I would really really really like to beat him to the top and say boo ya!

6. I have had the same pair of jeans in my closet for I kid you not, almost 7 years. Heck, they've already gone in and out of style probably twice. I would kind of like to wear them.

7. Next summer, my side of the family is taking a vacation to Galveston, TX. While I have no desire to swim in the chocolate milk they call an ocean, I would like to lay out. Not to mention, us kids (I mean adults who act like kids) want to go to a water park for a day. And I would LOVE to go, but there is no way in Hades I'm going to grace my family's presence with me in a bathing suit. No way, nuh uh, not gonna happen! Strangers yes, family, no. End of discussion.

8. And the last reason (yes, I know..most lists have 10 items, but 8 is my favorite number. So deal with it). I just want to be healthy. I don't want to go through my 30's feeling like I'm in my 40's. My 20's flew by and I'm terrified of how fast my 30's will go. I would like to say that when I turn 39 that I can say I did good and I feel great!


No comments:

Post a Comment