Monday, October 10, 2011

Happy Monday!

I was on dangerous grounds this weekend. I woke up Saturday morning to snow. Normally, this would put me in an ornery mood, but my excitement for fall/winter has been in overdrive lately. I stayed in bed as long as I could and then ran downstairs and instantly turned on Christmas music...in October. Normally, I have a strict no Christmas songs policy until November. My husband will whistle Christmas tunes all year long and it drives...me...nuts. However, with the beauty of the first snow fall, I just couldn't resist.

So, how is this dangerous grounds? Oh my. Cold fall weather turns me into a baking/cooking maniac. Over the course of the weekend, I made Chicken & Bacon Corn Chowder (AAHHHmazing), Beef Stew, Texas Roadhouse Rolls (to die for), and a smore pie (aka...more chocolate and marshmellows than you could ever want), grilled pork chops, and last but not least...mashed potatoes. I learned this weekend that A) I CAN NOT be left alone with leftover chowder. I was scarffing down my second bowl before I bothered to inhale and breathe. B) Eating two fattening bowls of chowder put me into such a guilt trip, I couldn't even bring myself to drink my coveted hot chocolate and C) Even I have my chocolate limits. After two bites of the Smore Pie, I was done. That was WAY too much chocolate in one bite. Ick!

Needless to say, after this weekend's comfortfood extravaganza, I hit the gym hard. I'm still coughing and I'm PRAYING that it's my lungs that are just out of shape and not that I'm getting sick. I made sure to buy a box of EmergenC this past weekend, so I'm going to drink that like it's going out of style.

So, remember that picture taking adventure I told you about? Yep, I'm still taking pictures. It's become quite the routine. Everyday I come home, drag my hubby away from his homework (he's such a bookworm) and pretend to be a model for about 2 minutes. Actually, it's more like pretending to be a criminal beings I feel like I'm taking a mugshot (not that I've ever had that done) every time I pose for the pics. I'm going to take a look at the pics after I have 4 weeks worth and I'm DYING to see if I notice a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment