Thursday, October 13, 2011

Do you notice me?

Let me know that I am not alone! You know when you first start working out/change your diet (for the better), within a few days you are studying your every move in the mirror. You are looking for the tiniest change that your efforts are paying off. Worst case scenario, you may even be thinking you can already fit into the coveted pair of "skinny day jeans." And maybe, by some miracle, the scale will drastically drop 10 lbs. But it's only been a few days! I just hate how long it takes for results to show. Wouldn't it be nice if we would see some kind of results in the beginning, rather than weeks/months later? Ok, end of rant.

It was quite coincidental that I was ranting about results because I just happened to come across some very useful information on pinterest. I told you I was addicted! It said, "It takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing, 8 weeks for your friends to notice, and 12 weeks for the rest of the world to notice." Talk about putting time into perspective. So far, this seems to be pretty inline with what I have been experiencing. I believe it was last week (which was 3 or 4 weeks since I started working out) that I noticed maybe, just maybe my butt was getting smaller. I immediately asked my husband if this was true. I know, I know. You are NEVER supposed to ask your husband/boyfriend/brother/dad/any male if your butt has changed size/shape. However, I somehow seemed to snag the most brutally honest dude on the planet. Not only that, but he can't lie very well. So, I know when he's telling the truth and when he's fibbing. Are you wondering what his response was? It was a shrug of the shoulders followed quickly by going back to work on his math homework. Translation? No, it's not looking awhole lot smaller. Which means, I have about 4 more weeks of torture at the gym until he notices...Lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment