Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Sassy Water, Hmmm

I ran across something quite interesting today on Pinterest; a recipe for Sassy Water. What the heck is sassy water you ask? Basically it looks like a whole lot of yucko. However, if you are wondering, it's water (obviously) cucumbers, lemons, spearimint, and grated ginger that is steeped over night. If you could do away with the cucumbers and ginger, I might be excited about this, but sadly in order for this water to be sassy, I guess you need those two ingredients. Supposedly this recipe is part of the Flat Belly Diet, which I have never heard of. Honestly, I need some sass in my life (my husband might not agree), so I'm going to give this water a whirl, but not because I think my belly will magically shrink in a few days (one of the benefits of Sassy Water is banishing belly bloat).

I have a serious addiction to flavored water. You know how some people have that gene that makes green veggies taste bitter? I swear I have the nasty water gene. Arrowhead water makes me want to vomit, I turn my nose up at tap water, and I even get queesie at the taste of water from my water bottle. I know, weird, but I'm telling the truth. The only way I can stay hydrated during the day is to dump a Crystal Lite packet into my water bottle. Yummy, yes. Good for my body, no. I realized today that I only have one Crystal Lite packet left and immediately the panic set in (ok, not really panic). While I was tempted to run to the store after work to pick up some more, I realized this might be a great time to break the habit. However, I don't want to go cold turkey. Hence, the Sassy Water. Every review I have read says it's refreshing and quite delightful. I'm not completely sold that this water will be "delightful." If I find myself gagging over the cucumber and ginger taste, I'll just go for Plan B and guzzle lemon water. And who knows, maybe Sassy Water will be my new addiction!

No comments:

Post a Comment