Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Adjusting the Attitude

I know we have all heard that timeless saying that "attitude is everything." Depending on the day your're having, it can be one of those annoying reminders that we need to kick out butts in gear every once in awhile. Yesterday was one of those days I needed an attitude adjustment, atleast when it game to the gym. I was a perfect angel in every other aspect of my day :) I had zero desire to work out. However, if there is one thing I hate, it's wasting time. I have the most random routines down pat that are designed to help me be the most efficient that I can. Yes, I know. I'm weird. I'm told that daily. Anyway, back to workout out and wasting time. Even though I really didn't want to work out yesterday, I did. And I made sure it was a good workout. I didn't want to drag myself to the gym only to put forth minimal effort. Why waste your time if you're not going to give it your all?

Well, today was a different story. I had gotten my first workout of the week out of the way yesterday, so I was in a better mood today. And boy did it show at the gym. Even though I pushed myself yesterday, I found that I was pushing myself even harder today because my attitude was in the right place. Not to mention, there were two insanely fit ladies working out in front of me. Talk about motivation. They were the types of ladies that make you want to hide out in the locker room wearing a Snuggy so they can't see how out of shape you are.

I got a text from my sister this morning saying she had just worked out using the Brazilian Buttlift exercises. And just to clarify, this is the sister that just had a baby 2 1/2 weeks ago. She's crazy. I'm already working hard enough. I don't need my post baby sister showing me up. Uh oh, sounds like I need an attitude adjustment...again.


Oh, and incase you were wondering what those fit ladies looked like, I took a picture and posted below :)













No comments:

Post a Comment