Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Reality Bites

For whatever reason, even though it's definitely not my style, I have always loved the movie Reality Bites. I have never been a fan of Ethan Hawke and I've been ticked at Wynona Ryder ever since she turned down Laurie's marriage proposal in Little Women. Okay, technically it was Jo that turned down Laurie's marriage proposal, but still, the role totally ruined it for me for Wynona Ryder. While the movie is full of actors I really can't stand (except for Steve Zahn...love that guy), I just really like it.


Well, this past weekend I had my own reality bites moment. I recently discovered Picasa, which by the way is the most amazing program out there. I don't know where it's been my whole life! Well, I was having fun editing some photos in Picasa when I came across some older files that had pictures of me in it. Wow. Talk about depressing. These are pictures that weren't taken all that long ago. I think the one that really annoyed me the most was the one taken about 5 years ago. Yes, I was overweight then, but the difference between then and now was like night and day. Honestly, it's so aggrivating to look at those pictures because I was not that far away from my goal weight at that point. And now? Well, now I am a LOONNNGGGG ways away.


So, without further ado, here is what I gave up on and where I am now.
















No comments:

Post a Comment