Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Evil Addictions

Hi. My name is Kayla, and I have an addiction. It's gotten pretty bad. It started out so innocent, like most addictions do. There was a sweet little voice in my head saying, "Go on...do it. Just one isn't going to hurt." And we all know you can't stop at just one. Well, now the addiction is out of control. While the sweet and encouraging voice was telling me to give into my temptation, there was a more rational/stable/ANNOYING voice (my husband) to tell me to be strong. I may or may not have told him to buzz off (that's the nice and edited version) and to leave me to my glutenous temptation. He promptly shut up. Smart man.

What is this addiction you wonder? Marshmellows and chocolate. You see, my addictions come and go. One week it's cheesies (what I call cheese melted on a corn tortilla), the next week it's saltine crackers...by the sleeve-full. This week just happens to be marshmellow and chocolate addiction week. And boy has it gotten brutal. It started out so innocently on Sunday night. I was tired, needing to relax, and just wanted some chocolate dang it. Actually, I felt the need (Yes, it was a need. Don't question it) for melted chocolate. Jason and I have a tradition of going out for fondue on our anniversary and I knew I couldn't wait another two months for melted chocolatey goodness, so I grabbed some chocolate chips, added a little bit of heavy cream, and let sweet sweet magic happen in my microwave. Ofcourse, you can't have melted chocolatey goodness without something to dip in, enter the marshmellows. I was kind enough to share some with my sweet husband.

Then came Monday night, which was a repeat of Sunday night.

Then came Tuesday night. Only this wasn't a repeat. Instead of just a few marshmellows, I got about 10 and double the chocolate. And I only shared one marshmellow with Jason and I had barely left any chocolate for him. It was a total kid caught with the hand in the cookie jar moment for me.

And I wonder why the scale isn't moving that much this week. Hmm...it's not rocket science. I know with absolute certainty that I will not be able to resist my latest addiction. I can already taste the wonderful silky chocolate....which is why I desperately IM'd my husband to ask/beg him to PLEASE hide the chocolate and marshmellows. Side note...my husband SUCKS at hiding stuff. I always find it. So, for the sake of smaller pant sizes, looking good in a bathing suit, and sunbathing with pride on vacation in St. Lucia, I really really really hope he hides it well this time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment