Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Sham Days

Somedays, I really hate to work out and today was one of those days. I would have been perfectly content sitting at my desk all day. I woke up this morning with a scratchy throat and a bit of a headache. On the bright side, I got to see my sweet little nephew one more time before my sister and her family headed back to their neck of the woods. I sure hope the little one (or the parents for that matter) don't catch any of the bugs that seem to be floating around my house lately.

Anyway, back to feeling like crap. Yes, crap. There really isn't another word for it. I really can't decide if working out today, while feeling like crap, was a good idea or a bad idea. I got on the elliptical for 10 minutes and let me tell you it was a struggle to stay on there for 10 minutes. I was so bored and couldn't stand the thought of being on there for another 60 seconds. So, off to the treadmill I went. Walking just wasn't going to do the job, so I decided I would attempt another try at Couch to 5K Day 1 workout. Well, it could have gone better.

Let's go with the positives first. Technically, I should not make positives plural because I only discovered one good thing. The running wasn't nearly as torturous this time, so I guess my lungs are getting in better shape. Wahoo! Better lungs to yell at my husband with. YES! Onto the negatives. I only got through two running portions of the program. Yes, I was huffing and puffing and ready to fall down like a twig house, but that's not what stopped me. My dang ipod and shirt were driving me insane. I don't have an armband for my ipod, so I was holding it as I was trying to run and the cords from the earbuds kept whipping me in my face. It was awesome. And the tshirt? It kept creeping up and I kept having to pull it down. After about 10 minutes of that, I just said to heck with it and called it a day.

Lesson learned? 1) Get an armband for my ipod 2) On the days I plan on running, wear a big loose tshirt that won't ride up. Because the breathable shirts I typically wear just wasn't cutting it.

Oh, and one last thing. I found a GREAT way to lose an instant 4 lbs. Trade your old unreliable scale for a fanch schmancy new Biggest Losers scale. I LOVE my new scale. The first time on it, it told me I lost 4lbs. How sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment