Thursday, April 22, 2010

Trash Talk And A Honeymoon

Have you ever had one of those "What have I gotten myself into moments?" What am I saying? Ofcourse you have. If you haven't, then there's something wrong with you! I've had a few (or maybe a lot) of those moments in my lifetime, including one from today. I was chatting with a co-worker and told her that I was thinking about starting P90x on Monday and she mentioned that another co-worker of ours had just bought the DVDs for P90x. Well, I happened to have grown up with this co-worker and always find pure joy in bugging the crap out of him. Aren't I nice? So, I quickly shot him an IM telling him that I am going to do P90x and I'm going to beat the socks off of him (there is very rarely a conversation between us two that doesn't involve some sort of trash talk). Well, one thing led to another (well, actually I orchestrated the whole thing, but he doesn't need to know that) and we ended up making a bet on who can lose the most weight. Well, ofcourse we all know that's going to be ME. I officially have a honeymoon to plan for, so not only do I really want to take my co-workers money from him (the money that we bet) but I have 197 days to get my buns into shape.

So, yes. You did read correctly. I OFFCIALLY put down a deposit and reserved our room for Couples Swept Away in Negril, Jamaica. I am beyond excited considering I was starting to think that our honeymoon was going to turn into the "20 years, 3 kids, and 50 lbs later" we're finally getting around to taking a trip together. Whew. I dodged that bullet.. Funny thing is, as soon as I booked the honeymoon, I felt a twinge of sadness because I can no longer plan for it beings it's done...booked...set in stone (well, not completely). I really think I have a planning problem. Well, that and a serious problem of being terrified of being bored (see previous post about my boredom habits). I guess that means that now I can just start planning for our future house purchase. So, between preparing to buy a house, kicking my buns into shape so I can back that trash talk up, and keeping up with every other crazy detail in my life, I should hopefully be able to avoid the boredom bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment