Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Emu Eggs: The Cure For Overeating

I read an interesting article on msnbc.com titled "Why we eat when we're not hungry." There really wasn't anything out of the ordinary and the article was basically full of information that I already knew (yet obviously haven't been following), but it was still a good refresher course.

One point that had quite a bit of time spent on it was the fact that you should not watch TV while you are eating. Well, I beg to differ. In the last week since I came out of the dark ages and decided to get TV, my mindless snacking has come to a screeching halt! I'll be the first to admit that I'm a boredom/stress eater. If I had known TV would cure this bad habit, I would have signed up months ago. hahaha Although, I will admit, I have to stear clear from the Food Network channel after 6:00 p.m. if I want to have any hope of losing weight and getting into shape. Unless I watch another episode of Chopped. That show quickly killed any appetite I might have had for late night snacking. One of the challenges last night was to cook a dessert using an emu egg. DISGUSTING. Seriously? An emu egg? I mean, I consider chicken eggs to be borderline disgusting, so there's no way I could ever stomach an emu egg, much less in a dessert. After a solid minute of gag reflexes, I changed the channel (although I may have found an effective way to not eat lol).

Onto more serious matters. I have my first official weigh in tonight after a week of the weightloss challenge. I really don't know what to expect. I'm not expecting any miraculous disappearing pounds, because I have yet to workout in the last week, but I "feel" lighter, thanks to the shakes, so I guess we'll see tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment