Thursday, April 22, 2010

Boredom & Stress Stink

Boredom is never a good thing for me. When I get bored my imagination has nothing else to do but to stress and worry over things I should not be stressing or worrying about. Another bad boredom side effect? I eat. I have mentioned that I am a stress eater, so boredom turns into stress, stress turns into eating, and eating turns into additional unwanted pounds.

So, where am I going with this? Last night I was talking to Jason and at 4:58 my time, (which would be 5:58 his time) he's falling asleep and can barely stay awake. So, being the nice and undemanding wife that I am (he might suggest otherwise) I kindly suggested that he call it an early night and go to bed. So, at roughly 5:00 p.m. I found myself with nothing to do. I decided to decrompress and watch a little TV and it was oh so fabulous. The distraction lasted long enough to keep me from stressing out and getting bored and doing some bad snacking.

Onto the weigh in last night. I really had no idea what to expect beings I hadn't worked out at all. However, eating right definitely has its perks. Since last Wednesday, I have lost 1.4 lbs. Woohoo!!! So, now I just need to schedule in some workout time into the schedule, work on getting more sleep and drinking more water, and do as much as possible from getting stressed and bored!



No comments:

Post a Comment