Monday, May 3, 2010

Lazy Weekend

Last Thursday I woke up feeling like I hadn't slept in days. Literally all day long I had that drowsy feeling where you feel like there are 100 lb weights on your eye lids. It was brutal. I should have known something was up because the next day I woke up feeling like my entire throat had been scratched raw. Yeah, it was pleasant. A trip to the doctor and a bottle of pills later, I went home and crashed.

Saturday was a bit more pleasant. My sister came up for a weekend of fun, and beings I was feeling better, we went out for a morning of shopping. I ended up finding the deal of the day: A $5 honeymoon dress. YAY!

Sunday, however, was a different story. I woke up feeling like I had been hit by a freight train. Pounding head, achy body, slighty chills...it was a party...NOT! I managed to get out of bed and cook pancakes for my sister (I may or may not have sample a pancake or two). After consuming the pancakes, I promptly passed out on my fluffy purple chairs for 1 1/2 hours. I know it was 1 1/2 hours because that is approximately how long Sweet Home Alabama is, which was the chosen movie for the lazy morning. Crashing on the chair was my theme for the day. If it wasn't the chair, it was the couch. If it wasn't the couch, it was the bed. And if it wasn't the bed, it was the shower (trying to get warm and get rid of the chills).

Needless to say, there was not a whole lot of exercising going on. And even though I ate my "I don't feel good feelings" this weekend, there really wasn't any damage this morning on the scale. However, I'm afraid it's one of those scale tricks where one day it's nice to you, but there really was a glitch in the system because the next day you magically gained 2 lbs....Lame... We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment