Sunday, May 23, 2010

10 Pounds Lost

Normally when I disappear from the blogging world, it typically means that I'm not behaving myself (eating poorly and not exercising). Well, that's not the case right now. I just didn't feel like I had anything too exciting to talk about....until today!

Several days ago, I hit the 10 lb mark. I didn't want to say anything right away because I wanted to make sure that I had really lost 10lbs (i.e. it was a "true" weightloss, not just a fluke with losing water weight that would be back in another day or two). Well, I just stepped off the scale and I'm happy to say that I have officially lost 10 lbs!

So, what have I been doing different? I think I might have mentioned several weeks ago that I was giving up soda. I'm not giving it up completely and will allow myself to have one on special occassions. Well, after I gave up soda, I started drinking a lot of juice. Considering how much sugar is in juice, this was just as damaging as drinking soda, so I had to slowly break myself of that habit. Actually, it wasn't that hard. If you don't want to be tempted by something, then don't surround yourself by it. So, I simply stopped buying juice. Well, that left me with a problem; what do I drink? Well, duh. The obvious answer would be water, but there's one little problem. I HATE the tap water at my apartment. It is beyond nasty and you definitely have to choke it down. So, as much as I hate to admit it, I have become a fan of bottled water. And oddly enough, since I started this love affair with bottled water, I have only had maybe one craving for soda and maybe two or three cravings for juice. What a relief!

I continue to truck along with P90X. I actually find some of the workouts fun. Yes, I said FUN! The only one that holds me back is the plyometrics. I have a feeling that I would be having a blast with this workout, but living in a second floor apartment, I always feel extremely guilty for jumping around on the floor at 4:45 in the morning. I can only hope that my neighbors don't sleep out in the living room. Atleast I haven't had any noise complaints yet! Yesterday, I did Kenpo which is a form of karate. Holy smokes. You know those hidden muscles that very rarely seem to come out? Yep, I found a few new ones yesterday. My whole back is screaming and yelling at me. Not to mention, I still haven't recovered from my legs & back workout from Friday, so I'm just sore all over! Oh well, I'll definitely take the soreness. It's a reminder of what I'm working towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment