Monday, May 17, 2010

The Good, The Bad, And The Double Ugly

Well, while I had a fun weekend (The good) , I didn't have a very productive weekend (The Bad). My mom got up here Friday night and I had a wonderful, yet not so healthy meal of prime rib, potatoes and dessert (The Ugly). I managed to behave myself and not completely over indulge...then came Saturday. It started off well enough, but then we discovered a new Chinese buffet for lunch, and then for dinner, I decided to try out a new philly cheesesteak recipe I had found (The Double Ugly). Wow...talk about bad for you food overload all combined with not working out (We did go on a very long walk Friday night though). However, the scale wasn't too mean to me this morning...Only about 1/2 lbs increase.

So, to counteract all the badness from the weekend, I'm adding an extra cardio workout Monday through Wednesday. In P90X, they actually call this Doubles, so I'm really not even straying from the program. Hopefully this will knock me down a pound or two by my weigh-in. One of my goals was to lose every week, even if it was a small amount.

I forgot to mention another goal of mine. I plan on doing two rounds of P90X. And I just realized the coolest thing ever. My round 2 of P90X will end on November 6th; the same exact day we leave for Jamaica! Back to the goal...right now I'm doing wimpy girl push-ups (using my knees). By the end of round 2, I want to be able to crank out 100 REAL PUSH-UPS. I really don't think that it's too far of a stretch. When in shape, I tend to be very strong in the upper-body, which isn't the norm for females. I think it will be a fun, yet hard goal to work towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment