Monday, May 10, 2010

Present On My Doorstep

I got home from work today and found a little present on my doorstep. Actually, it's more like torture in a box. I had mentioned that P90 just wasn't challenging enough, so I bit the bullet and bought P90X (the X standing for Extreme)...and wow, not to sound cheesy like those infomercials that I love so much, but that first workout WAS extreme. The total workout lasted 52 minutesworking the back and chest. Do you know what that means? That means I spent the last 52 minutes doing pushups and lifting. Yeah, that's right...52 minutes of doing nothing but working on my upperbody. And this is coming from the girl that's excited to do 15 pushups in a row. Considering I had 52 minutes to fill, that meant I did 15 pushups in a row, over and over again. I've never been so scared in my life to wonder how bad I'm going to hurt tomorrow. I have a feeling the pain might be bad, but that's ok. I was actually excited when I finished this workout. Finishing and knowing that I literally just got my butt kicked felt good. It sure beats finishing a workout and feeling like you really didn't work that hard.

Now I'm going to head on over to the shower. I'll be shocked if I can actually raise my arms high enough to wash my hair. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment