Wednesday, June 16, 2010

142/97/95

Now, how's that for a title? Those are obviously not my measurements (I don't think even Barbie is that out of proportion). It's definitely not my eyesite. So what could it possibly be? If you guessed the countdown to my important upcoming dates, you guessed right! Yay! 142 days until we leave for the honeymoon, 97 days until Jason is living in Denver, and 95 days until Jason is finished with active duty Army. YAAAAAYYYYYY!!!!!!! Now, I should probably explain the reasoning (other than being excited) that I chose to blog about these countdowns.

142: Well, this is pretty obvious. That's how many days I have until I have to face the final test and wear a bathingsuit...IN PUBLIC. I don't even own a go-to bathingsuit. I have been limping by on too small boardshorts and tanktops for far too long. The other day I was cleaning my closet (real shocker) and I came across a bathing suit I bought probably 3 years ago hoping to wear someday. It's sad that 3 years later, and I'm no where close to wearing that thing.

97: Who wouldn't be excited to have their husband FINALLY live with them after 9 months of wedded bliss? I am beyond excited and having a very hard time patiently awaiting this day. However, my waistline is not excited. Case in point, I gained 5 lbs back while the hubs was home. I like to look at that 5 lbs as a learning opportunity (ahem, *cough* *cough*...excuse). Atleast now I know what I'm up against and I am going to have to discipline myself to control my portions and not eat more just because my husband can eat enough to feed a small army and barely gain an ounce.

92: Jason will be kissing Ft. Polk goodbye in 92 days. (Insert angels singing the hallelujah chorus). So, why did I add this? I'm a stress eater and while I will be going crazy with excitement when having him here is so close, I'm sure I'll be worrying like crazy:
* How are we going to fit in a tiny apartment
* Am I going to continue eating well and not let his eating habits influence me
* And my favorite.....how am I going to handle living with a guy (for more than two weeks at a time?)

So, there you have it. I have a lot to look forward to in the next couple of months...and ALOT of work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment