Friday, June 18, 2010

Goal Setting

My least favorite day of the year is Dec. 31st. I hate New Year's eve and have been known to be quite grumpy on this night. To me, it is the ultimate reminder of the failed resolutions made the previous New Year's eve. Infact, several years ago I stopped making resoluations. Why make resolutions once a year that you will most likely not keep? Seems like a complete waste of time to me.

I have found that if I want to obtain my goals, I have to set small goals that lead up to the grand finale. Yes, I would LOVE to lose 100 lbs (not lying) but who wants to stare at a huge goal like that? Talk about depressing. If I woke up every morning and thought "Wow, only 96 more lbs to go," I'd probably cry all day. This is why I believe in mini goals. Achieving a goal is such a fantastic feeling. How many of us achieve a goal and say, "Ok. That's it. That was fun, but I'm done?" Well, I don't know about you, but I sure don't. The feeling of mastering a goal just fuels the fire and motivates me to tackle another one!

On Tuesday, I start another Herbalife Weightloss Challenge. With the last challenge I took a "let's see what can happen" attitude. Now that I know I am capable of losing weight if I put my mind to it, I'm going to give this next challenge everything I have. So, in order to do this, I need to set my goals. Here goes.

* Drink the recommended amount of water (1/2 of your body weight in ounces)
* Get atleast 6 hours of sleep a night. This may not sound like a lot, but for me it is.
* Workout 6 days a week.
* Do not eat out (I will make an acception if I have company...which is rare)
* Learn to eat my apples....without peanut butter....sigh
* PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE portion control
* Take my vitamins (gag...i hate vitamins)

Ok, that's enough goals for now. I'm going to give it more thought and see how much weight I think I can realistically lose in the next 12 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment