Monday, January 25, 2010

The How


I admit, I have a whole library of diet books. And you know what? They all suck! Actually, they don't suck. The advice they give is very good advice. I just hate the idea of constricting myself to one diet, or one workout plan, or one way of doing things. In one word, that's BORING! Besides, I hate hate hate the idea of people looking to others to motivate themself. I believe that if you can't find the motivation within yourself, then you're doomed to failure. And besides, isn't it ironic that while you're reading a book that is telling you to get off your butt, you're sitting on your butt to read it? Yeah, that's my point. I need to stop reading and start doing!


So, I've kind of created my own plan. When trying to figure out how I was going to accomplish looking good in that elusive bikini, I sat down and thought about when I felt the best. The first part was easy; I have felt my best when I was the most physically active in my life...DUH! The second part wasn't as easy....figuring out how to work out this love affair I have with food. During one point in time, I tried the whole eating for your blood type thing, and actually, I felt pretty fantastic. However, I'm A-, which follows a vegetarian diet...kind of. Mostly, you just aren't supposed to have red meat very often, which SUCKS. I did a little research on how to eat what I like to call a "generous vegetarian" diet. Basically, try to eat vegetarian as much as possible, but allow myself to have fish or chicken once or twice a week. What I came up with was eating a more mediterranean based diet. I'll go more in depth on this one in a later blog.

I have actually been following this eating plan for about 2 weeks now (with limited physical activity) and lost 4 lbs and I have felt great! So, I'm curious to see how it works out now that I've committed to work my buns off, literally, every day!


For the physical activity part, right now, I'm just going to make a commitment to do something, anything, everyday! I actually did pick up the 30 Day Shred dvd, by Jillian Michaels, the other day at target (only $10!!!). So, to kick off this new weight loss adventure, I'm going to start off with it! And let me tell you, I completed it this morning and it was hard and I'm pretty sure my muscles are going to hate me tomorrow, but I feel so empowered that I not only got my booty out of bed at 5:00 this morning, but I honestly gave the workout about 90% of my all....Hey, it was 5:00 a.m....give me a few days before I start giving it 100%!


One thing I'm not going to do...I know I'm using this blog as a self accountability, but I am not posting my weight on here...yet...I'm still trying to get the courage of that. I am however going to post photos every four weeks so there is a sense of accountability. If myself and my readers (if I ever get any) see a difference, then I know I am working hard. If we don't see a difference, then I know I need to work harder. So, here's the first official photo, which was taken on my wedding day only 27 days ago!


No comments:

Post a Comment